You are your own biggest asset when it comes to choosing a career. Consider the following steps:
- Make a list of both strengths and weaknesses
- Ask friends and family for insights on the above that you have not considered
- What kinds of roles do you feel you are best suited for
- From those roles, which ones do you feel will give you the greatest ability to develop a career over time
- Determine the kinds of training or education you may need and meet with appropriate sources to discuss
- If you’re looking for a career research tool, be sure to check out Rogue Community College’s Career Base Camp, which is located on the website at Here you will find a variety of tools and resources to aid you on your career selection path.